- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 3 cups rice
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3.5 tsp tumeric
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- cooking spray
- 3.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt & pepper in shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat pan over med-high heat, spray with cooking spray and brown chicken.
- Remove chicken from pan, set aside.
- Saute onion & garlic until onions are soft.
- Add rice and tumeric, toast for 2 minutes.
- Pour rice mixture into casserole dish.
- Pour chicken broth over rice.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture.
- Cover and bake for 1.5 hours or until rice is soft and chicken is cooked through.
Macro Nutrients Breakdown (per serving)
141 calories, 50g protein, 28g carbs, 9g fat.