Two reason why people fail:
- You started with the wrong information.
- Your plan use too much will power.
- Get a buddy
- Keep track of your progress, pictures, measurement
- Keep a journal!
- Allow yourself small rewards
- Focus on progress, not perfection
- Set specifics goals and dates
- Measure your progress
Measurement techniques include:
- Measuring body fat, using body fat calipers
- Weighing on a scale
- Using a tape measure
- Using photography by taking before and after photos
- Clothes becoming too big – having to “downsize”
- Initial Physical assessment (hoe many push ups, jump squats, squats etc.)
For the most accurate indication of your body composition, you may want to consider visiting a physician or nutritionist and having them give you a complete body composition analysis.
When Motivation Fails
So how do you deal with bumps in the road, and better yet, how do you avoid them in the first
place when motivation fails you? Here are some suggestions:
- Be true to yourself. If you know you’ve messed up, acknowledge it and get back on track.
- If you blow your diet, don’t get desperate; don’t throw in the towel or continue to binge.
- Admit to yourself that what you are doing isn’t conducive to achieving your goals, and cut your losses. Think of a car with a flat tire. You don’t want to slash out the other three tires, just because you had one flat, do you? Slow down, think it through and “fix your flat.” Get back on course.
- Maintain stable blood sugar levels. Stabilizing blood sugar levels reduces food cravings. Reducing food cravings reduces the potential for “diet blowouts.”
- Schedule “cheat meals.” I’m not saying that pizza, ice cream, burgers and the like are good for you. What I’m saying is that if you feel the need to have these foods occasionally to maintain your sanity and stay in compliance with your program the rest of the time, plan them. For some pick one day every week, and on that day have one meal where you consume a small portion of your favorite foods. Just don’t overdo it! Again – moderation is the key, especially here. For other a smaller quantity every day is a better option.
Because All Journeys Start With A Conversation….
Read More From Our Blog
The Ultimate Skincare GuideWhat is mandatory? What should I skip? What’s worth the splurge? If you are like most people, the number of skin care products brands available can be overwhelming. You are not alone, most professional pretty much get overwhelmed too. Its...
Curious about Probiotics? Did you know that the bacteria in your body outnumber your body's cells 10 to 1? It's true, and most of them reside in your gut. Most bacteria are quite harmless in fact helpful! Having the right bacteria in your gut has even been...
Curious about collagen?Collagen seems to be everywhere in the health world today. If you’ve been wondering what it is and why you need it, you’re not alone! What is Collagen? Collagen is fibrous proteins that act as the building blocks for skin, bones, teeth,...