LASER HAIR REMOVAL MONCTON
Laser Hair Removal Moncton
If you’re not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal is an option worth considering.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
A laser is used to target the melanin of the hair follicle to heat and destroy the bulb (root) of the hair follicle. It requires a series of treatment to destroy the hair and make sure it doesn’t come back.
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
Hair grows in indeterminate cycles, and it needs to be caught in the growth phase for the procedure to be effective. At all times you have 25% of your hair in the growth phase, where your hair needs to be for the laser to work. This is the reason a series of sessions is required at following your hair growth cycles.
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
A series of 5-7 sessions is requred for a 70-90% permanent reduction. With age and hormonal changes maintenance is recommended down the road.
All Lasers are not created equal.
Look for a clinics who are using ND Yag Laser for darker skin type and Alexandrite Laser for lighter skin types. IPL or Photo Hair Removal is often used to reduce hair but is less effective than true laser with a longer process.
Hair Removal for Light Hair
The laser targets the pigmentation your hair to kill the bulb. This is why lighter hair does not respond to laser hair removal treatments. Blond, gray and red hair are hard to treat.
Interested in our services?
Get a $50 COUPON for your first
Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Before your Laser Treatment
4 weeks before
- Avoid direct sun exposure 2-4 weeks prior your treatment to reduce the risk of burns and hyperpigmentation.
- Stop waxing and shave area only.
2 weeks before
- No facial treatment like facials, peels or injections.
1 week before
- Discontinue any use of Retin A , Retinol or any topical that could make your skin sensitive to the laser.
- Shave the entire area and leave us a little patch the size of a quarter.
- Mild redness is possible 2 hours to 72 hours post treatment. If it feels warm you can use Aloe Vera
- You can apply cooling compress 10 to 15 min every hour
- Until redness dissapears don’t go in super hot shower, swimming pool, hot tubs, or saunas
- Refrain from any activitie that may rase your body temperature
We are proud to be offering 24/7 online booking!
Manage your schedule, check your Sparkle Dollars, update your client profile, access our promotions, events and much more!
Download your FREE Laser Hair Removal Guide
Read everything you need to know about Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal Guide
Be sure to check out all of our other resouces below just click the purple links to go to the pages.