Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare
With the PicoWay™ laser system, tattoo removal can happen
sooner than any other laser treatments.
PicoWay Laser Tattoo Removal
We Only Use The Best Technologies Available
Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare
Laser tattoo removal is simple process, but the results are not instant. You will need 1-3 sessions for cover up, and 5-8 sessions for complete removal. To prevent infection, skin texture change or other unwanted side effects, you have to pay attention to proper aftercare. Here at Sparkle Lifestyle & MediSpa, we give you aftercare instructions after your treatment. Though laser tattoo removal is a relatively simple process, it is a good idea to take some steps to achieve a great result.
Risks of scaring are really low with PicoWay compared to traditional methods. But, in most cases, laser tattoo removal treatment creates a superficial skin wound, especially if your tattoo is really old. Some patients may even experience bruising and swelling. You will notice immediate whitening of the area, but it usually lasts for just a few minutes. In some cases, clients may develop blisters, crusts or scabs within 8 to 72 hours, and these problems may last for 1 to 2 weeks. In the treated area, reduced or excess pigment can appear; but except in some rare cases, it is temporary. You will be completely healed within 4 to 6 weeks.
To make the healing process rapid, we recommend you to follow these instructions:
- Immediately after treatment, there should be a “slight frosting” on the treated area.
- There are no restrictions on bathing, except to treat the area gently, as with any other wound.
- For the next 24 hours after treatment, use a cold compress and elevation to reduce discomfort and inflammation.
- Avoid physical activities, hot showers and saunas for the next 24 hours.
- For the next 3 days after, apply Aquaphor, Neosporin or Polisporin. Don’t forget to change the dressing daily.
- For the next 1-2 weeks, avoid direct sun exposure, hot tubs, pool water and hot water.
- While the treated area is healing, keep it clean and dry.
- Immediately after the treatment, Erythema (redness), and edema (swelling) may appear at the treatment site. Swelling usually lasts 2 hours or longer. Redness may last up to ten days.
- Avoid picking at the scab. This may result in infection and scarring.
- If you want, take only Tynelon to help with discomfort. Please avoid ibuprofens, aspirins and naproxens because they may increase the risks of bruising or bleeding.
- Do not shave the treated area until it is completely healed.
- Drink lots of water.
- For 4-6 weeks before and after treatment, do not use tan, self-tanner, bronzers or spray tan.
- If your tattoo is really old, it may not clear 100%. You may be left with some shadow.
- The use of sunscreen everyday on the treated area will help the ink absorb. Sunscreen will also help with itching.
- Call us at 506-871-4421 for any questions or concerns.
Interested in Laser Tattoo Removal?
Click the button below to receive a coupon for
50$ OFF your first treatment!!!
Laser Tattoo Removal Guide
Be sure to check out all of our other resouces below just click the purple links to go to the pages.
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION ONLINE NOW!
You can book your appointment using our online booking software, texting or calling us at (506)871-4421 or using our form below.