- Aim for a weight maintenance, not weight loss while you are leaving for a trip.
- Bring Tupperware’s and Ziplock’s to place snacks like eggs, yogurt, fruit, nuts, seeds and protein bars, etc
- Avoid fruits and vegetables that have been sliced and rinced to minimize the risk of food contamination.
- Try to have full fruits like a banana, apple or orange to avoid contamination.
- If possible wash your fruits and veggies with bottled water and lemon.
- Order extra portions at supper and place them in your container for the next day. Often we can get a pretty healthy and well-balanced supper!
- Restaurant portions can be exaggerated, so be conscious of how much you are eating – save some for leftovers the next day.
- For the road, bring rice cakes with peanut butter or protein bars!
- Avoid city water – go for bottled water.
- If you want to consume alcohol during your vacation, limit your carb intake and increase your protein intake.
- Try to go for light alcoholic beverages such as sugar free, vodka soda or sugar free mojito. Avoid “Mud Slides” or “Pina Coladas”. Go for vodka with club soda, mojitos, or champagne.
- Keep well hydrated by drinking lots of water!
- Try to make room for at least 20-30minutes of exercise each day.
- Check the menu before going to the restaurant and plan ahead.
- Choose foods that are baked, grilled, boiled or steamed instead of deep fried. 16. Look for foods rich in nutrients such as quinoa, millet, brown rice and whole grains.
- Bring snacks with you (nuts, fruits, veggies, cheese, etc.) when you are going on excursions!
- Avoid the extra sauces and extra cheese when you are eating out.
- Bottom line, going on vacation is a good time to relax and enjoy time with your friends and family! Staying on the right track is possible and can be easy when you plan ahead and choose foods wisely.
Services related to this Topic
Nutrition & Fitness
Because all journey’s start with a conversation…
Read more from our Blog
The Ultimate Skincare GuideWhat is mandatory? What should I skip? What’s worth the splurge? If you are like most people, the number of skin care products brands available can be overwhelming. You are not alone, most professional pretty much get overwhelmed too. Its...
Curious about Probiotics? Did you know that the bacteria in your body outnumber your body's cells 10 to 1? It's true, and most of them reside in your gut. Most bacteria are quite harmless in fact helpful! Having the right bacteria in your gut has even been...
Curious about collagen?Collagen seems to be everywhere in the health world today. If you’ve been wondering what it is and why you need it, you’re not alone! What is Collagen? Collagen is fibrous proteins that act as the building blocks for skin, bones, teeth,...