Waxing, it’s a term with which everyone is familiar with. So is shaving. In waxing, first the wax is applied on the to-be waxed area. A wax strip is then placed over the wax. After sometime, the waxing is done by pulling the strip by force. THAT can be pretty painful for the first time but the pain ceases with time.
Shaving, on the other hand is a pretty non-violent technique of hair removal. A suitable cream is applied on the to-be shaved area and then it’s cleaned with a razor. These days, a new sort of hair removal cream is available. That is applied on the to-be shaved part and then cleaned with a plastic spatula or washed off. But beauticians don’t suggest these creams because it either darkens those areas or affects the skin.
Waxing Is Better Than Shaving for a multitude of reasons! Those of you who currently wax on a regular basis will agree with me, I’m sure! We all need a quick and reliable solution for removing body and facial hair, and waxing is definitely the best way. If you’re not already convinced, here are 7 ways Waxing Is Better Than Shaving!
1. Waxing removes dead cells: During waxing, when the wax is pulled off from the skin, then along with the hair all those dead cells that are present on the surface of your skin also get removed. As we all know how important it is for us to get rid of our dead cells, but we hardly do. We mainly remove dead cells from our face, hands and feet. The rest of the body is left as it is. So we can say, opt for waxing as it comes with an added advantage of getting rid of dead cells from different parts of your body.
2. It is Faster: When it comes to removing hair in awkward places, it’s simple to wax. In such places when you have to run the razor you have to be very careful. A slight change in the razor angle may lead to unwanted cuts. So it’s simpler to apply wax and remove it with a strip.
3. You won’t cut yourself with pieces of metal: This is the most unavoidable advantage of waxing. The cut can be painful but the consequences may be even more of a headache. An unwanted and untimely cut on your neck or some other visible body part is definitely not welcome. Plus we are not always aware of immediate measures that should be taken once there is a cut, so that can be hazardous in the long run. Besides, if there is a cut in the groin area that might be even more dangerous. On the other hand, waxing is way safer than shaving. You may feel the pain of your hairs being pulled out for sometime, but it will vanish within a day.
4. Long lasting: This is another significant part when your mind starts dwelling between waxing vs shaving. So we suggest that you wax. When you wax a particular part of your body, the hair gets ruthlessly uprooted. So it takes quite sometime for hair to regrow in that region thus making waxing long lasting. If you repeatedly wax an area of the body, over time the hair will grow in less and less. This is caused by hair papilla damage caused by waxing. The hair papilla is responsible for supplying nutrients to the hair in order for it to grow. Without the papilla, the hair can’t . Think of it as free permanent hair removal.
5. Time heals all pains: Do you remember the first time you got your eyebrows tweezed? Pretty pinching thoughts have struck your mind. Right?!?! The same is the case with waxing. For the first time it may seem way too painful to be done again. But, in the long run, you will get used to the pain
6. Hair grows back slower and thinner: Shaving, if you have noticed, makes the hair grow thicker and healthier very quickly. No wonder we go for trimming on a regular basis. But the hair that is being pulled out is unwanted, and under no circumstances we would want that hair to grow back even healthier. During waxing, the force with which the hair is pulled out is immense, so it actually ruptures the hair follicle. Thus when the hair regrows it’s less healthier and takes a lot of time to grow back
7. Best for ‘some’ areas: ‘Some’ area refer to the groin region. How we wish our groin area would be hairless. The best way to get this would be via waxing, since . Due to which the hair that grows back is unhealthy i.e. it takes longer to grow back and is comparatively thinner. So with time the hair that regrows might also cease to grow.