The Struggle is Real
Let’s Talk Laser Hair Removal
Shaving is Annoying
Using the same old, dull razor
Out of shaving cream
If you are going to shave, you should wait a few days between to allow the skin time to heal.
Waxing Takes Time
Let the hair grow
Run to your esthetician
Drop the pot of wax
Endure the pain
Uncomfortable stickiness until you can shower
Repeat every 3-4 weeks
Creams are Harsh Chemicals
Strong chemical and acids on your face are not safe
High risk of side effects
CURIOUS ABOUT LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Get $50 OFF Your First Treatment
Gentle Max Pro Laser
The Best Option for Hair Removal
Not all types of lasers are created equal. At Sparkle we only use the best medical-grade technologies. The GentleMax Pro, from Candela, is our go-to for laser hair removal treatments.
The Gentle Max Pro is:
- Professionally researched
- Provides proven results
- Approved by Health Canada.
- Shortest Pulse Duration (Can treat the lightest and finest hair)
- Longest Lasting Results on the market.
Sparkle Lifestyle & MediSpa
Madelaine Caissie, Founder and CEO, is a GentleMax Pro Certified Clinical Trainer.
Each medical aesthetician at Sparkle Lifestyle and Medispa undergoes intense advanced training under Madelaine before performing treatments.
Our results with the GentleMax Pro true medical grade laser technology is guaranteed.
We work under the supervision of a Medical Director. Our team includes highly skilled and trained professionals, including doctors and registered nurses.
Laser Hair Removal Q &A
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is when a laser is used to target the melanin in the hair follicle to heat and destroy the hair follicle’s bulb, killing it so it will not regrow.
Gentle Max Pro Laser vs IPL
- IPL is not a laser. The machine produces a broad spectrum of wavelengths (like a light bulb) and cannot be focused on a concentrated beam. Because a range of different wavelengths is dispersed at various depths, only some will be effective for hair reduction.
- A shallower penetration in comparison to laser means that deeper, thicker hairs are not treated effectively. Also, some of the light can be absorbed into the surrounding tissue, leading to heating of the skin’s pigment. Therefore, there is more of a risk of burns for a darker skin type.
- Laser machines create more heat directed to the hair follicle than IPL systems, hence achieving better results. Because the follicle absorbs the heat and not the skin, there is a decreased risk of burning using laser machines. This also makes laser a safer option for darker skin types.
- Laser treatments may be more expensive than IPL, but the effects are much more prominent.
What to Expect?
Laser hair removal is a straightforward process. You can expect some slight discomfort like a pinch or elastic band slap. The laser delivers a cryogen spray to help cool and protect the top layer of your skin. After each session, you can expect a 25% hair reduction in the treated area, the regrowth will take longer to grow back, and hairs will be finer.
- Fewer treatments, faster results, minimal discomfort
- Results: After the 1st treatment
- 75-90% permanent reduction after 6-8 full sessions
- Recommend treatments: 6-8, every 4-12 weeks
- No downtime
- Medications such as antibiotics.
- People that may increase photosensitivity have taken Isotretinoin (Accutane®) within the past 6 months of treatment.
- Individuals using systemic steroids (e.g. prednisone, dexamethasone) before or during treatment.
- Gold Therapy. Anyone who is receiving or has received gold therapy in the past.
- Active infections and immunosuppression compromise the healing ability of the body. Reschedule those to be treated when the condition is cleared or immunity is regained.
- Open Lesions. Treatment should only be applied to intact, healthy skin, except for acne-affected skin. Reschedule treatment when the open lesion has resolved.
- History of light-induced seizures.
- There is no clinical evidence at this time of fetal harm from a laser. Still, the treatment results may be erratic or unreliable due to fluctuations in hormonal levels and physiological skin conditions.
- History of skin photosensitivity disorders.
- History of hypertrophic scars or keloid formation.
- Treatment of skin cancer. The handpiece should not be used to treat skin cancer or treat people who are undergoing treatment for skin cancer.
- History of radiation therapy in the area to be treated.
- Active bacterial or viral infections.
- An inflammatory condition in the area to be treated.
Before Your Treatment
4 weeks before your procedure:
- Avoid direct sun exposure and artificial tanning.
- Begin using a daily sunscreen with an SPF of 45 or higher.
2 weeks before your procedure:
- If facial treatment: do not have facials, peels, cosmetic injections, or other facial procedures. This includes waxing, electrolysis, and laser hair removal.
1 Week before your procedure:
- Discontinue the use of Retin-A, Retinol, AHAs, scrubs or any other potentially irritating products on the treatment area.
- 24-48 hours before the procedure, please shave the area you are having laser.
Possible Side Effects
- Bruising, peeling, rash, lightening or darkening of skin colour, ingrown hairs, crusting, swelling, infection.
- Removal or lightening of freckles or other pigmented lesions. Freckles and other pigmented lesions may temporarily or permanently disappear in treated areas.
- Prolonged itching, redness, and blistering.
- Pigment changes including hypopigmentation (lightening of the skin) or hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) lasting 1 to 6 months or longer or possibly permanently.
If you have any concerns or questions during your recovery, please call or text our office at 506.874.4421 (after-hours answering service is available).
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is when a laser is used to target the melamine in the hair follicles to heat and destroy the bulge and bulge of the hair follicle. It does require a series of treatment, usually between 5 and 7 treatment to kill it and make sure it doesn’t come back .
It can be done everywhere of you body; face, neck, chest, abs, arms, legs, Brazilian
How laser hair removal work
All your hair on always in 3 different phases at all time. Anagen; you would call it baby hair, catagen where the hair is not attached anymore; would be adults and telogen where the hair is in the process of falling out. At all time you have a maximum of 25% of all your hair in the anagen phase and that’s where your hair needs to be for the laser hair removal process to work. This is the reason a series of sessions is required at following your hair growth cycles.
Face is usually 4 to 6 weeks, chest, back 8-10 weeks, legs and arms 8-12 weeks, bikini and underarms 4 to 8 weeks.
Does Laser Hair Removal is Permanent?
A series of 5-7 sessions is recommended for a 70-90% permanent reduction. Maintenance is recommended down the road. What happen to the hair that are left? They will become thinner and lighter each treatment. Win Win!
Hair Removal on Light Hair
Because it uses pigmentation your hair need to be dark with pigment. Blond, gray and red hair are hard to treat
Does all Laser Hair Removal Device are created equal?
Not at all! If you are looked for the quickest, safest and probably most efficient way you need to look for an experienced clinic that is only using true laser.
Look for a clinic who is using ND Yag for darker skin type and Alexandrite laser for lighter skin types. IPL or Photo Hair Removal is often used to reduce hair. Its definitely less effective than true laser and it’s a longer process.
How the treatments feel like
The treatment feels like getting snapped by a hair band. IT does super quick. Full Brazilian is under 15 minutes.
Price of Laser Hair Removal
The starting price of Laser Hair Removal is $100 per sessions. Price goes by area. Example a Brazilian is usually around $225 per sessions. A series of 5-7 sessions is recommended for a 70-90% permanent reduction. Maintenance is recommended down the road.
Preparing For Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- Follow these guidelines unless your laser technician directs otherwise.
- We ask that you are freshly showered or bathed with completely clean skin, without lotions, oils, creams or fragrances of any kind before coming in.
- The treatment area should be shaved completely prior to treatment.
- Legs should be shaved no sooner than 24 hours prior to your appointment to avoid irritation.
- Do not wax, tweeze, epilate or use chemical depilatories between laser treatments.
- Since the laser targets the root of the hair, it must be present for the treatment to be effective.
- Shaving is the only form of hair removal recommended during the course of your treatments. A charge of $75 or more will be added if the laser tech shaves the treatment area.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area, and do not use UV tanning beds at all for two weeks before treatment.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunblock with an SPF of 30 or above on a daily basis (rain or shine).
- Do not use any topical products that cause photosensitivity (e.g. hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide) in the treatment areas for three days before treatment. Use a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas.
- Follow instructions regarding all oral prescription medications that we provided at your medical laser consultation. If you are taking any new or different medications, including antibiotics, contact our office prior to your appointment.
- Do not have Botox injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days before laser hair removal.
What to Expect During Your Laser Hair Removal Appointment
- Following the consultation, if we determine you are a good candidate, we will proceed with treatment. Your laser technician will begin by asking a few pertinent questions about your recent health history to ensure there are no contraindications for treatment.
- The technician will discuss your treatment desires and at that time you can specifically let us know what hair you want to be removed.
- We can even offer you a new white eyeliner pencil so you can draw where you would like the laser hair removal to start and end.
- The treatment area will be cleaned and prepared for treatment. Your technician will talk you through the treatment to ensure you won’t experience any surprises.
- While receiving laser hair removal, you will be required to wear protective eyewear. You may still be able to see a flash of light, but your eyes will be completely covered.
- The laser technicians wear protective eyewear, as well. During the treatment, all areas of the body that will not be lasered will be covered with clothing.
- Only the areas to receive laser treatment will be exposed. We are always mindful of your comfort and your peace of mind; we will let you know ahead of time what to expect.
- After Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- It is normal to experience redness and swelling in the treatment area following laser hair removal. This may persist for several days. The treated area may feel like a razor burn or sunburn for a few hours after treatment. Over-the-counter hydrocortisone or aloe vera may be used to alleviate redness and irritation.
- Hair in the treated area will slowly shed, typically over the course of two weeks. Patchiness of hair growth is normal and will dissipate towards the completion of your laser hair removal treatment series.
- Improper post-treatment care, including excessive heat or sun exposure of the treated area, may increase the chance of scarring, pigmentation changes and skin texture changes. It is imperative that you avoid excessive heat in the treatment area, such as hot tubs, sauna’s or working out for 24 hours after laser hair removal treatment. Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area, and do not use UV tanning beds at all for two weeks after treatment.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunblock with an SPF of 30 or above on a daily basis (rain or shine).
- Do not use any topical products that cause photosensitivity (e.g. hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, retinol, and benzoyl peroxide) in the treatment areas for three days after treatment. Use a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas.
- Follow instructions regarding all oral medications that we provided at your medical laser consultation.
- Do not have Botox injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days after laser hair removal.
Treatments should be scheduled as follows:
- Facial Areas: Every 4-6 weeks
- Trunk Areas: Every 6-8 weeks
- Leg Areas: Every 8-10 weeks
What areas of the face or body cannot be treated with laser?
None. All areas of the face or body can be treated with the laser that is suited for your skin type.
Is laser hair removal painful?
- While everyone’s pain tolerance is different, the majority of clients do not think it is painful.
- Our patients report that treatment with our lasers is much more comfortable than other lasers and far more comfortable than waxing.
- Our lasers are equipped with a DCD (Dynamic Cooling Device) that makes the treatment both comfortable and safer to the skin than other lasers.
- Because the lasers we use have a very large (18mm) spot size, treatments are very quick. Any discomfort one experiences is over very quickly.
How many treatments will I need?
- The number of treatments necessary varies per individual, on average 5-8 treatments, although because of numerous variables this medical treatment cannot be guaranteed.
- Multiple treatments performed at 4 to 10-week intervals are necessary in order to obtain the best result. Irregular treatment schedules and prolonged intervals between treatments may reduce the efficacy of laser hair removal.
Is laser hair removal permanent?
- Laser hair removal at Blue Water Spa is FDA-cleared to permanently reduce hair anywhere on the face or body where smooth skin is desired. Some hair follicles are stimulated only by changes in hormone levels.
- Laser hair removal treatments do not prevent new hair growth in those follicles. Patients may experience hair regrowth from various hormone-related causes, such as pregnancy or hormone changes related to ageing.
Here’s What You Should Do Before
- Shaving leaves unsightly ingrown hairs, and waxing can be painful–but laser hair removal is a permanent solution.
- While it takes multiple treatments (most only see permanent hair loss after 6 sessions), it is the most effective hair removal process available.
- If you’re tired of spending money on razors and messy wax kits; laser hair removal may be right for you!
PREPARING FOR YOUR PROCEDURE
- The most common mistake that people make is attending their appointment with a large amount of hair in the area to be treated. This type of hair removal is not designed to remove pre-existing body hair–it ensures that hair will not grow back by slightly damaging the hair follicles, impeding their ability to grow hair.
- If you haven’t already done so, most laser hair removal clinics in Ottawa will shave the area to be treated, since long hair can make the process more painful. The highly concentrated light (the “laser”) will burn the hair, which will singe the surrounding skin. It is best to shave the night before to ensure that unwanted hair does not have time to grow back, and so that your skin is not experiencing increased sensitivity from the razor.
- You should also avoid plucking, tweezing or waxing for two to three weeks before your appointment for the same reason–having irritated or sensitive skin will make the treatment more painful than it has to be.
- Preparing well before your treatment can also help you avoid unwanted side effects; if you want your treatment to go smoothly, think ahead!
- Reduce your exposure to the sun for up to a month before your treatment, and steer clear of synthetic tanners. Having a natural tan or tanning products on your skin can cause damage and skin lightening during the laser hair removal process.
- On the day of your appointment, thoroughly clean the area being treated, and do not apply any lotions. You may also want to wear loose-fitting clothing, since your skin may feel a little sensitive following the treatment, and having clothing constantly rubbing against it will be uncomfortable and potentially painful.
- If you follow these tips, your treatment will go much smoother. Don’t be afraid to ask questions when making your appointment, or to consult your doctor if there are any medical concerns. Once you’ve adequately prepared, you’re ready to say goodbye to your old razors and waxing kits, and to enjoy your silky smooth skin!
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS
- The best way to minimize the risk of side effects is to avoid UV exposure for 7 days pre- and post- treatment.
- Avoid sunburns and tans for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid sunless tanning products for 7 days before treatment.
- Provide your technician with an accurate and up to date medical history in order to receive safe and effective treatments.
- Side effects are uncommon but may include; Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin), Hypopigmentation (loss of skin pigmentation), mild to moderate burns or blisters, permanent skin discoloration, temporary redness, follicular edema (little pink/red “puffiness and small bumps like “goose bumps”), swelling and itching in the treated area, hives, rashes, bruising, and lack of desired results.
- Clients who are pregnant cannot be treated.
- Technicians cannot treat over tattoos.
- If you have epilepsy, Simplicity is unable to provide treatment.
- The area to be treated must be clean-shaven. Unshaven clients will be rescheduled.
- Avoid UV exposure 7 days prior to your treatment.
- Clients who are sunburned or tanned must wait 2 weeks before being treated to avoid additional skin damage.
- Avoid sunless tanning products 7 days prior to your treatment. It is recommended that you exfoliate the area to remove any residual colour.
- If applicable, apply numbing cream 30 to 40 minutes prior to your treatment. All products must be completely removed prior to treatment.
- Clients should come to appointments with clean skin in the area to be treated. All clients who are treating any part of their face or neck will be required to cleanse their entire face in the clinic.
- Avoid chemical peels and other laser procedures in the area to be treated for 2 weeks prior and two weeks after your laser treatment.
- Avoid all alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxyl products (AHA/BHA), hydroquinone, retinol/retinoid, Tazorac, and Differin for 7 days before treatment.
- Clients with any abnormal lesions, moles or spots on the area to be treated must be cleared by a medical practitioner prior to treatment.
- Clients must stop waxing, tweezing and chemical epilation 3 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is highly recommended to take an anti-viral medication (such as Valtrex) prior to your treatment. Clients with active cold sores will not be treated.
- Clients who have used Accutane or similar products within the last 6 months CANNOT have laser hair removal treatments.
- The client should not perform any physical activity that increases body temperature or blood pressure within 2 hours before and after treatments.
- If you have Botox or dermal fillers in the area to be treated, wait 14 days both before and after injection to receive treatments.
- Antibiotics may increase photosensitivity. We recommend that you check with your personal physician prior to receiving laser treatments if you are taking a long-term antibiotic. If you become ill and begin taking an antibiotic, you will need to be off the medication for 7 days before laser treatment.
- Boots may not be worn immediately after leg treatments .
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR TREATMENT
- Check these diagrams to see exactly what will be included in your treatment areas.
- Clients with red, grey or blonde hair in the area to be treated should consult with a Simplicity Laser Technician prior to receiving treatments, as the laser is less effective on these hair colours.
- During your treatment, you can expect slight discomfort, similar to a rubber-band snap on your skin. An over the counter numbing cream is available for purchase. Consult your laser technician with questions.
- You may experience slight redness, bumps, and swelling in the treated area for up to 72 hours. If these conditions persist, topical creams such as Restorative Gel (highest recommended), aloe, calamine or hydrocortisone may be applied.
- Allow a minimum of 7 to 14 days post-treatment for hair to “fall out” or shed from the skin.
- On average, clients experience up to a 30% reduction after each treatment.
- For best results, allow your technician(s) to customize your treatment schedule based on your needs.
- Be advised, clients may not bring children under the age of 12 to their appointments.
- Avoid extended UV exposure for 7 days post-treatment.
- If blisters occur, do not puncture. If the skin is broken, apply an antibiotic ointment until healed.
- Tylenol is recommended for post-treatment discomfort.
- Over the counter medication is recommended for post-treatment discomfort. You may also apply Restorative Gel (highest recommended), cool towels, ice packs or aloe vera to alleviate discomfort due to heat.
- Avoid using seat warmers immediately after treatment.
- Avoid any additional laser treatments or chemical procedures on the treated area for at least 2 weeks post-treatment or until healing has occurred.
- Using a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 or higher is critical when receiving laser treatments and is recommended ongoing for maintenance.
- If you experience any side effects, such as hypo- or hyper-pigmentation, prolonged redness or swelling, a histamine reaction, or blistering, call or come in for instructions on treatment.
- To achieve the best results, complete the full treatment schedule at the intervals recommended by your technician.
- Exfoliate treated areas to minimize the risk of ingrown hairs.
Shaving is Annoying
Shaving is inconvenient. You forgot to purchase a new razor and shaving cream. Daily shaving can lead to skin irritation, razor burns or ingrown hairs.
If you are going to shave, wait a few days between to allow the skin time to heal. It’s tempting to shave daily while on vacation and every day is bikini day. Leaving you with little itchy bumps and ingrown hairs rather than stubble on your bikini line.
Waxing Takes Time
Taking a break from shaving for hair growth to wax can be problematic. Monthly waxing is costly. We dare you to do the math!
Waxing can be excruciatingly painful. Your skin is smooth for a short period of time. You will need to repeat the regrowth cycle to allow the hairs to become long enough to wax.
Your time is valuable. Allotting for extra time in the morning to shave or taking time out of your busy schedule for a wax appointment removes you from more important tasks.
Life can be hectic. Missed appointments are a struggle to reschedule. What are your options when you planned your outfit for a special occasion and are self-conscious of unwanted hair?
Creams are Harsh Chemicals
Hair removal goes beyond the legs and bikini area. Many women feel self conscious and embarrassed about unwanted facial hair.
Hair removal creams contain strong chemicals and can easily cause harmful burns. These creams smell awful and cause serious damage to your skin that is not so easy to cover up. Your skin deserves better.
LASER HAIR REMOVAL SOLUTION
Imagine a life where you no longer need to purchase supplies or spend time shaving! No more “oh no I forgot to shave my legs!”, “darn I missed a spot!” or the disappointment and pain of shaving with a dull razor and without shaving cream. No more need to take time out of your day to go to a wax appointment and feel the pain of hair being ripped out from its root!
With the help of the laser hair removal technology, it is possible to reduce and even eliminate unwanted hair!
Laser Hair Removal with the Gentle Max Pro Technology!
At Sparkle we only use the best medical-grade technologies. The GentleMax Pro, from Candela, is our go-to for laser hair removal treatments. This machine is professionally researched, provides proven results, and is Health Canada approved.
Pulses of highly concentrated light are emitted from the laser into the hair follicles. The pigment in the follicles absorb the light and that destroys the hair and removes hair for good.
Laser hair removal works best after multiple session to the treated area. It is safe for both light skin and darker skin. Laser hair removal does work best on dark hair however if there is pigment in the hair follicle, the treatment is effective. It is important to avoid sun exposure four weeks before and four weeks after your treatment.
Madelaine Caissie, Founder and CEO of Sparkle is a GentleMax Pro Certified Clinical Trainer. Each medical aesthetician undergoes intense advanced training under Madelaine before performing treatments. Our results with the GentleMax Pro are guaranteed.
WHAT MAKES SPARKLE DIFFERENT
We always begin with a consultation. We evaluate your lifestyle, previous experience, your main concerns, expectations, and needs. We teach you how to prepare for your treatment, post-treatment care, the possible risks, and the expected results to ensure you have the best results and to protect your investment.
There are no surprises! We are here to take care of you and help guide you though the process. We will do everything we can to make sure you are making the right decision for you.
THE BENEFITS ARE ENDLESS!
Laser treatment is truly the best investment for all skin types if you are regularly removing unwanted hair.
Quality razors are expensive and need to be replaced often. If you are shaving, you should be using a cream which also consumes you budget. Waxing is even more costly than shaving.
You have already invested so much money into shaving and waxing. How many more years will you continue to spend money to rid unwanted hair, only for it to grow back?
The time you will save is priceless. Often, we are already in a rush getting ready for work, an appointment, or an event. We have an endless to-do list to get ourselves looking and feeling our best for an important meeting or a special date.
Feel free knowing you can put on any piece of clothing you want without the worry of exposing embarrassing body hair. When it comes to permanently removing unwanted facial hair you will find makeup will look smoother and stay longer throughout the day. Its time to feel fully comfortable in your own skin!
Our clients walk away feeling more confident than ever after laser hair removal, never having to deal with embarrassing stubble, razor bumps or ingrown hairs ever again. Laser hair removal is an investment into a future where you feel good about your body!
READY TO SEE HOW LASER HAIR REMOVAL CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE?
Simply fill out the interest form and a client experience representative will contact you. Receive a bonus $50.00 gift card towards your first laser hair removal treatment when you book your consultation!*
In the meantime, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for our latest promotions, contests and giveaways plus tips and tricks on how to achieve your best skin ever!
*Terms and Conditions Apply