PicoWay® Resolve™ targets unwanted signs of aging and skin irregularities such as:
- Dark spots
- Sun damage
- Fine lines
- Acne scars
- Pigmented lesions
- Stretch marks
PicoWay Resolve Before & After
What is PicoWay Resolve?
PicoWay Resolve is used to treat minor imperfections and help restore your skin to its youthfulness. Resolve is a new fractional treatment capability on the advanced PicoWay laser device for benign pigmented lesions such as freckles, age spots, lentigines, Nevus of Ota, Café-au-lait and more.
How to Get Ready for PicoWay Resolve?
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment until we allow it.
- We may ask you to stop any oral or topical medications or other skincare products 3-5days prior to treatment.
- Tanned or darker skin types should not be treated. If treated within 2 weeks of active (natural sunlight or tanning booth)tan, you may develop hyperpigmentation (white spots) and this may not clear for 2-3 months, or even longer.
- The use of self-tanning skin care products must be discontinued 1-2 weeks prior to treatment. Any residual self-tanner must be removed prior to treatment.
4-7 days before your PicoWay Resolve treatment, avoid these products and/or procedures:
- Depilatory Creams
- Laser Hair Removal
- BOTOX injections (should wait 1 week)
3-5 days before your PicoWay Resolve treatment, avoid these products and/or procedures:
- Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac
- Any products containing retinol, alpha -hydroxy acid (AHA), beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), or benzoyl peroxide
- Any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
- Patients who have had medical cosmetic facial treatments or procedures (e.g. laser therapy, surgical procedures, cosmetic filler, microdermabrasion, etc.) should wait until skin sensitivity completely resolves
Ask Us a Question or Request A Consultation!
Frequently Asked Questions
PicoWay Resolve Q & A
How much does a PicoWay laser cost?
PicoWay cost varies by treatment type and provider. A treatment session may range from approximately $150 to several hundred dollars depending on the type of treatment, size of treatment area, number of treatment sessions and other factors.
Is PicoWay painful?
How PicoWay feels will be dependent on the treatment you receive. Those undergoing tattoo removal are likely to experience some pain and discomfort with treatment. With PicoWay Resolve treatment, most patients reported low levels of pain during treatment for wrinkles and mild to no discomfort for acne scar treatment.
How long does it take to see results from PicoWay Resolve laser?
You may begin to see some effects after your first session, but most patients need two to three sessions for optimal results. Laser treatment also stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which can take a few weeks to become apparent.
Does the PicoWay treatment hurt?
The degree of discomfort varies with each person depending on the nature and location of the pigmented lesions on the body.
Is PicoWay better than PicoSure?
PicoWay® treatments have been cleared by the FDA to be used on tattoos on different parts of the body. It has been shown to offer better results and require fewer and faster treatments than PicoSure® and other similar treatments. Laser tattoo removal via PicoWay® involves minimal risk
How effective is Pico laser?
In a study of four women treated with Picosure lasers for facial melasma, assessments in four weeks and six months after treatment showed success in reducing their melasma. They did not report side effects like dermatitis or hyperpigmentation, showing that on the whole, PicoWay lasers are safe and effective.
Can PicoWay remove melasma?
The unique picosecond laser technology of PicoWay removes benign pigment spots including; freckles, solar lentigines (brown spots on face), and melasma. PicoWay Resolve is a safe, effective treatment option for any skin type, and offers results in just a few treatments.
Is PicoWay and PicoSure the same?
The PicoWay laser also outshines the PicoSure laser with its superior peak power. While the PicoSure only peaks at 0.36GW, he PicoWay has a peak power of 0.9GW. With all of its advantages, it’s easy to see why the PicoWay laser has replaced the PicoSure as the most effective tattoo removal system on the market.
How Does the PicoWay
Laser Work? PicoWay uses ultra-short, picosecond pulses of energy to target tattoo ink or natural pigmentation below the surface of the skin. These high-powered pulses will break up the pigment into tiny particles that the body can naturally clear away.