Everything You Need to know about
Botox Post Treatment
Botox Secrets That You Should Know & Avoid
Botox Aftercare Treatment
Please follow these instructions after each Botox & Dysport treatment.
- As you leave the clinic, you might notice some slight swelling. This is temporary and should return to normal within a few hours.
- For the next 4 hours, you should keep your head upright. Do not bend over or lay down. Wait at least 4 hours before touching, pressing, or manipulating the treated areas.
- For 1 hour after your treatment, you should exaggerate the use of the muscles that have been injected. This promotes the binding of the Botox.
- You may notice some slight bruising as from any injection. This is common and will gradually disappear. You may cover the area with makeup.
- You may immediately resume your normal activities (including exercise).
- Be patient. Botox results are not immediately apparent. You may notice some changes in 3-5 days. Results take up to 2 weeks.
- When you return, we will evaluate the progress of today’s treatment. You may need additional touch-up treatment to be sure that the targeted muscles are adequately weakened
The patient should exercise the injected areas by trying out natural facial expressions for an hour after they are injected to help Botox spread throughout the face. Refrain from heavy exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
Patients must avoid massaging the Botox injected areas with their fingers for a few hours after the procedure, since the Botox may spread to unwanted areas. Avoid rubbing the areas that have been treated with Botox for the first 48 hours.
Painkillers should be used sparingly following the Botox injection for headaches or facial pain. Strong painkillers such as Aspirin and ibuprofen should be avoided at all costs.
Ice and Ointment
Bruising may occur from Botox, which may last a couple of days. This is normal and can be managed by applying ice to the affected area. Some people can also be prescribed topical ointments to speed the healing.
Facial treatments such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion should be avoided for 24 hours after the Botox is injected to prevent any reactions and complications.
Botox patients must limit physical activity because if the Botox spreads to unwanted areas it can cause breathing and swallowing problems. The patient must not lie down or bend for a couple of hours after they are injected.
Alcohol intake is to be restricted for those who have had Botox treatments done. It will only slow down the healing process and worsen any complications or side-effects that might occur due to the Botox injections.
You may apply makeup after any pinpoint bleeding has resolved.
Your treatment will take effect in 3-7 days. We recommend that you make a follow-up appointment for 2 weeks after your treatment so that we can evaluate your results and determine if any adjustments to your dose need to be made, especially if this is your first time getting Botox with us.
STARTING TO NOTICE THE SUBTLE SIGNS OF AGING?
Get a $25 Gift Certificate
Applicable toward your first Cosmetic Injection Treatment