Everything You Need to know about
Things to know before Botox Treatment
Botox Secrets That You Should Know & Avoid
Things to know before your injections appointment:
- Brief your doctor on the outcome you want.
- Schedule your Botox appointment 6 weeks prior to any big event.
- Stop taking all fish oils and ibuprofen 2 weeks prior to your appointment. This will limit the potential for bruising and swelling.
- Understand the cost. We charge per $10/unit. To give some perspective, the average person needs about 20-40 units to treat horizontal forehead lines, 18-30 units to treat crow’s feet around the eyes and 15-30 units to treat the glabella (men need more).
- More is more, not better! Botox is a strong neurotoxin that has the potential to dramatically alter the planes of your face. And smoother doesn’t always equal prettier.
- Make sure you stay upright for at least 2-4 hours post Botox.
- Botox builds up over time. While you may have needed 5 units of Botox in your crow’s feet initially, over time you may need only 2 units.
- Make sure you know what to expect. Book a consultation with our doctor.
The full effect will be apparent after 2 weeks. After treatment, you may experience swelling, redness, pain, itching, discoloration and tenderness at the site of treatment. This will typically last for less than a couple of hours. Additionally, although rare, red or swollen small bumps may occur for 2-3 days in some patients. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours of your treatment, only use a gentle touch to avoid rubbing the treated area
For 1 hour: Every 15 mins exercise your treated areas (e.g. practise frowning, raising your eyebrows)
For 3 hours: Remain upright, do not rub the treated area. You may apply makeup.
Rest of day: Refrain from strenuous physical activity, hot tub, sauna or facial, alcohol
Please book your follow-up assessment at the 2-week mark, especially if this is your first Botox treatment with us.
Ta-da! I've gathered all the blog posts we've written about Botox in one convenient spot! These little nuggets of wisdom should help you on your journey to learning more about this amazing procedure!
Botox Before & After
What is Botox
- The Dangers of Bad Botox: How to Avoid Unwanted Results
- Is Botox Safe? Debunking the Myths and Misconceptions
- Side Effect of Botox
- How Does Botox Work? Understanding the Mechanism of Action
- What Does Botox Do
- How Long Does Botox Last?
- Botox Treatment
- Botox vs Juvederm: What's the Difference?
- What Is Botox Used For?
Botox For Migraines
- Botox for headaches
- Migraines Botox Injections Sites
- Botox Consultation
- Botox Under eyes
Cost of Botox
- How much is Botox
- Botox Treatment prices
- Is Botox Expensive
- Price for Botox injections in the forehead
- How much does botox cost for forehead wrinkles?
- Is 50 Units of Botox a Lot?
- Units of Botox For Forehead Lines
- How Much Does Botox Cost in Canada? | A Comprehensive Guide
STARTING TO NOTICE THE SUBTLE SIGNS OF AGING?
Get a $50 Gift Certificate
Applicable toward your first Cosmetic Injection Treatment