Everything You Need to know about
Laser Hair Removal For Bikini
Learn all the secrets about Laser Hair Removal. They are not all equal!
Everything About Laser Hair Removal for Bikini
Many people get embarrassed in bathing suits when they find themselves dealing with shaving bumps and stray bikini hair. This embarrassment affects their confidence levels to a great extent.
If you are tired of ingrown hair, shaving and pain from waxing, you will like to try laser hair removal for bikini.
How long Laser Hair Removal Bikini takes?
You will be happy to know that laser hair removal for bikini is a very fast process. After you finish the paperwork which will take just five minutes, your technician will greet you, install you comfortably into your treatment room and finish the whole process in less than 10 minutes. Even if you prefer Brazilian laser hair removal, it will take only 10 to 15 minutes.
Differences between Bikini, Californian and Brazilian Bikini
Extended Bikini or Californian
Brazilian or Hylywood
If you want to get rid of the hair outside your panty line, go for bikini laser hair removal.
Californian laser hair removal is when we go a little bit inside and lower than your panty line.
Brazilian laser hair removal is for you if you want to remove all the hair in your bikini area including lips and around the anus. Some people want to keep a little bit of hair on their front.
If you want to try a variation of the three, tell your technician. She will explain the differences and you will find it easier to choose the right one for you.
How does Laser Hair Removal Bikini feel like?
To make the treatment comfortable for you, our Gentle Max pro uses cryogen, but you will still feel like a pinch of elastic. We don’t recommend any numbing cream. We always adjust our laser to make it more tolerable, but expect a bit of discomfort because the vaginal area is the most sensitive part of your body.
The treatment normally takes only 5 to 10 minutes. So it’s not a big deal. Your technician will ask you if it feels painful or uncomfortable. If you want, she will be more than happy to take a break.
Your vaginal lips and clitoris are the most sensitive areas of your body. So, the laser is carefully adjusted these areas.
How much does Laser Hair Removal Bikini cost?
The cost per treatment varies a bit depending on which treatment you choose. The bikini area starts at $100 and goes up to $180 for full Brazilian.
How many sessions of Laser Hair Removal bikini are required?
You will require 4 to 8 sessions for 80 to 95% removal. You will need to visit your technician every 4 to 8 weeks.
Pre-care of Laser Hair Removal Bikini
- For 4-6 weeks before your first session, refrain from waxing, tweezing, plucking, threading, electrolysis or using an epilator.
- Avoid sun beds or sun exposure 6-8 weeks prior to starting the treatment.
- Make sure the treatment is free from tan on the day of your treatment
- Do not use any topical product on your skin.
On the day of your Bikini Laser Hair Removal treatment
- Treatment areas must be fully shaved the night before your laser hair removal session. Some people shave on the day of their treatment but it is not a good idea.
- 3 to 4 days prior to your treatment session, lightly exfoliate the treatment area.
- You may take a mild pain killer if you are nervous about the treatment. But make sure you do not take anything that contains ibuprofen.
- If you fall ill or experience any sort of physical discomfort between your initial consultation and your first treatment, contact the clinic immediately.
What to do during your Bikini Laser Hair Removal treatment?
- Some medications are contraindicated to the laser. So, please inform your therapist before your laser treatment if you are on medication.
- Before your laser hair removal treatment, any method of hair removal other than shaving is not recommended.
- On the day of your laser hair removal treatment, ensure your skin is free from all topical products.
- If you go on a holiday, use SPF 50+ on your treatment areas. Do not expose the areas to long periods of direct sunlight.
- We recommend that you keep away from the gym, sauna, steam room, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, hot showers and all forms of physical exercise for 24 – 48 hours after each session.
- Try to wear loose cotton clothing on the day of your treatment. We recommend that you avoid wearing nylon tights or skinny jeans just after the treatment.
- Please attend your scheduled treatment sessions as recommended by your laser therapist.
What to do after your Laser Hair Removal Bikini treatment?
- Your skin may feel slightly uncomfortable after the treatment. You may experience some completely normal side effects such as Erythema (redness) and follicular edema (swelling of the follicle). Don’t worry. They will fade in 24 – 48 hours.
- Shedding may occur approximately 5 – 14 days after the treatment. This is normal. You must start to exfoliate lightly. Use exfoliating mitts, wet cloth or a sponge.
- The treated follicles become sensitive to heat from the laser. So, we recommend only mineral makeup after facial laser treatment.
- You may feel skin irritation for 24 – 48 hours after the treatment because during this time your skin will retain heat in the follicle. Wear loose cotton clothing to avoid skin irritation.
- Within 24 hours after laser treatment, the only topical product you should apply to the treatment area is aloe vera.
- You can start to shave the area 4 – 5 days after treatment. During this time your skin regenerates. You should take this time to keep that irritation to a minimum.
- After laser treatment, apply SPF 50+ on the treated area daily, especially on the facial area
- You must keep away from using sunbeds during your treatment because using sunbeds can be extremely dangerous while having laser treatment.
- Exfoliate the treatment area 4 – 5 days after laser hair removal. We recommend it because regular light exfoliation of the treated area facilitates the treated hair to shed from the follicle.
- Top – up/maintenance sessions will be required 1 -3 times per year depending upon the person undergoing the treatment
Ultimate Laser Hair Removal Guide
Ok… we know things are not always as dramatic as our opening but we want to assure you that we appreciate the seriousness of the decision you’re planning to make. We also know that you have questions and that you want to learn about the essential what’s, how’s and why’s of Laser Hair Removal…
So, that’s exactly what you’ll get.
Laser Hair Removal Q & A
- How Painful Is Laser Hair Removal?
- How Permanent is Laser Hair Removal?
- Laser Hair Removal For Men
- What happens if you don't shave before laser hair removal?
- How To Get Ready For Your First Laser Hair Removal Appointment
- How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- Cost of Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Hair Removal Bikini
- Laser Hair Removal Brazilian
- Laser Hair Removal Underarm
- Laser Hair Removal Side Effects
- Laser Hair Removal Devices
- Laser Hair Removal Cost
- Laser Hair Removal Cancer
- Laser Hair Removal Pre-Care
- Laser Hair Removal & Pregnancy
- Laser Hair Removal VS Electrolysis
- Laser Hair Removal Burns
- Laser Hair Removal & PCOS