Everything You Need to know about
Pre-Care Laser Hair Removal
Learn all the secrets about Laser Hair Removal. They are not all equal!
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is more than just ”zapping” unwanted hair. It is a medical procedure that requires training to perform and carries potential risks. Before getting laser hair removal, you should thoroughly check the credentials of the doctor or technician performing the procedure.
Do You Need To Wax or Shave before your laser hair removal appointment?
If you are planning on undergoing laser hair removal, you should limit plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks before treatment. That’s because the laser targets the hairs’ roots, which are temporarily removed by waxing or plucking.
Can You Go In The Sun Before You Laser Treatment?
You should also avoid sun exposure for two to 4 weeks before and after treatment. This include tanning bad and self-tanner. Sun exposure makes laser hair removal less effective and makes complications after treatment more likely.
When Should I Stop Shaving Before Laser Hair Removal?
- Shave the entire area that needs to be treated 24 hours to 48 hours before your treatment. If possible, leave a little patch the size of a penny so your technician can see the colour and thickness of your hair at each treatment.
- Missing some spot in hard-to-reach areas like Brazilian, back etc. is completely acceptable. Do the best you can, and your technician will finish the rest. A fee might be charged if you come completely unshaved.
- It’s also totally acceptable to come to your consultation without a been shave. The technician will be able to see what’s the hair type and the size of the area to be treated.
- If you want your neckline to be done, please shave what you would like to be done before coming since this is a subjective treatment.
Do I need to Wax, Bleach, Pluck before my laser hair removal treatment?
- Avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing the area for four to six weeks before the treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes, go for anti-viral therapy before and after the treatment.
- Do not take any photosensitive drugs or herbals for 24 hours before the treatment.
Should I wash or exfoliate before my appointment?
- The skin should be clean-shaven and thoroughly cleansed, removing any makeup, creams, oils, topical anesthetics or self-tanning products the day of the laser treatment.
- You can lightly exfoliate the area 3-4 days before the treatment.
Do I need to take a pain reliever before my laser hair removal treatment?
If you are nervous you can take a milk pain reliever, but this is not needed. The treatment is not that painful. Make sure you don’t take anything with ibuprofen
Do I need to bring my medication?
You will be asked to provide all medication you are currently taking and to inform us of your medical history.
Should I arrive before the scheduled appointment?
Please come 10 to 15 minutes before your appointment to fill out all our paperwork